Excited by using massive amounts of data to develop Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) models? Want to help public sector, medical center and non-profit agencies derive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprises' use cases of AWS ML and DL? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in Machine Learning for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build ML and DL models on the AWS Cloud. We are applying predictive technology to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization is a unique consulting team that works closely with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI.
We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. If you have experience with AI, building ML or DL models, and want to innovate for our customers in the world of AI, then we’d like to have you join our team. As a Data Scientist, you will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers. A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. Major responsibilities include:
· Understand the customer’s business need and guide them to a solution using our AWS AI Services, AWS AI Platforms, AWS AI Frameworks, and AWS AI EC2 Instances .
· Assist customers by being able to deliver a ML / DL project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
· Use Deep Learning frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow and MxNet to help our customers build DL models.
· Use SparkML and Amazon Machine Learning (AML) to help our customers build ML models.
· Work with our Professional Services Big Data consultants to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data.
· Work with our Professional Services DevOps consultants to help our customers operationalize models after they are built.
· Assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models.
· Research and implement novel ML and DL approaches, including using FPGA.
· This position can have periods of up to 10% travel.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
· Location is open - our Data Scientists can be based out of any of our US office locations.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a quantitative field (such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics) or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
· Experience in a ML or data scientist role with a track record of building ML or DL models
· Experience using Python, SQL, or R; knowledge of Spark/ML
· Able to write production level code
· Experience working with GPUs to develop models and terabyte size datasets
· Experience writing and presenting complex technical concepts to broad audiences
· PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics)
· Skills with programming languages such as Java or C/C++
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and determine cause and effect relations
· Consulting experience with AI customers and use cases
· Publications or presentations at Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
· Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, or mllib
· Combination of deep technical and business savvy skills to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers' organizations
· Track record of dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· We are hiring Data Scientists for multiple experience levels. Location is open - our Data Scientists can be based out of any of our US office locations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.