Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Professional Services, Engineer (Data Solutions) role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its proven Professional Services (PS) team with an experienced delivery specialist for data integrations. The PS team is focused on making our 1500+ customers wildly successful. The Data Solutions Engineer will be responsible for driving successful customer data integration implementations from start to finish, including database schema management, configuring ETL tools, and scripting, as required, to enable customers to maximize their OpenGov value.
As a trusted advisor with deep database expertise and data migrations expertise, the Data Solutions Engineer will understand the customer’s goals, pain points, and workflows. OpenGov is seeking an experienced specialist with great customer interaction skills and strong technical acumen in databases, programming, and modern analytics platforms.
Data Solutions Engineer Responsibilities:
• Strong experience with ETL and database technologies
• 3+ years SQL scripting experience
• 1+ years Python, or similar, experience
• Proven expertise with SaaS solutions, APIs, and Cloud technologies
• Be the primary technical point of contact for new customer integrations or those expanding to implement additional functionality
• Drive and manage new integrations implementations from start to finish
• Confirm customer requirements and needs and provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers in the integrations solution
• Interact directly with government Finance, Budget Directors, and IT personnel daily and guide them through the integrations process
• Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify, enhance and automate existing processes that will improve customer workflow
• Work closely with the Project Management, Customer Success Management, and Integration Management teams to facilitate and drive a consistent customer experience and ensure successful projects for customers
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests to ensure OpenGov is a “must have solution.”
• Create requirements documentation based on customer feedback or project needs
• 2+ years of experience in professional services delivery
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
• Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building collaborative relationships
• Experience with budgeting concepts and practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions.
• Expertise with financial data processing a plus
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.