SmartAsset is on a mission to help people get better Financial Advice. Our vision is to be the web’s go-to resource for financial advice powering the largest marketplace connecting consumers with financial advisors and financial products.
We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market-defining SmartAdvisor platform. Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools, and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, and Barron’s.
About the Team:
You’ll be joining a Data Organization that focuses on all aspects of Data Engineering, Science & Analytics. The Data Analytics Organization provides advanced analytical capabilities & insights to all parts of the enterprise including Marketing, Product, and Sales driving impact through timely data-driven decisions.
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced Director of BI Platform & Data Analytics to lead the development, deployment, and administration of our Business Intelligence (BI) platform and data analytics solutions for SmartAsset. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience driving impact through actionable insights across multiple disciplines including Marketing, Product, Sales, etc., as well as providing and managing an easy to use BI ecosystem for the business partners.
- Lead the development, deployment, and administration of our BI platform and data analytics solutions.
- Work closely with senior executives to understand their business needs and translate them into actionable insights and reports.
- Partner with Data Scientists in development of forecasting and statistical modeling.
- Manage a team of Data Analysts, ensuring they are meeting project deadlines and delivering high-quality work.
- This role is highly technical/hands-on in nature and requires demonstrated attention to detail, execution and follow up on multiple initiatives.
- Enable self service on the BI Platform by creating and maintaining the Data Definition & Data Catalog.
- Onboard users to the BI Platform by providing user guides and training materials.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in BI and data analytics and make recommendations for new tools and techniques to improve our platform and solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams, including Tech, Data Science and Data Engineering teams to ensure the smooth operation of the BI platform and data analytics solutions.
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to extrapolate key performance measures, identify data sources, and build well-functioning reports, dashboards and scorecards to visualize measures and identify trends
- Develop and implement best practices for data governance, data security, and data quality.
Skills / Experience You Have:
- 8+ years of experience in business intelligence, data analytics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of BI and Data Analysts.
- The ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders is a key factor of success, as is the ability to balance independent and highly collaborative aspects of the job function.
- Extensive experience working with senior executives and driving impact through data is a must.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into actionable, statistically-sound insights and reports as well as demonstrated experience with A/B testing.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex data and analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing Tableau deployments and administration.
- Knowledge of data governance, data security, and data quality best practices.
Available Benefits and Perks
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $146,700 - 263,000 + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.