SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Job:
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a Sr. Data Engineer with at least 7 years of full-time professional development experience to join our Data & Analytics team.
You will leverage cloud-based infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient. You possess a strong interest in synthesizing complex problems and transforming data to create solutions that add value to a myriad of business requirements.
- Architect, design, implement and operate data engineering solutions, using Agile methodology, that empower users to make informed business decisions.
- Send and retrieve data with external vendors and organizations (including API code integrations)
- Collaborate with Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
- Facilitate and take ownership of assigned technical projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuously improve quality, security, efficiency, and scalability of data pipelines.
Skills/Experience You Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 4+ years of development experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines, 3+ years of Python development experience.
- Experience with Snowflake and AWS integrations such as Kinesis, Firehose, Aurora, Redshift, Spectrum, Elastic MapReduce, SageMaker, and Lambda.Experience in mentoring junior team members through code reviews and recommending adherence to best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of both OLTP and OLAP environments with successful implementation of efficient design concepts.
- Familiarity with data orchestration pipeline using Argo or Airflow.Knowledge of analytic tools such as R, Tableau, Plotly, and Python Pandas.
- Expertise working with SQL queries, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes, and materialized views to improve query performance.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and possesses hands-on experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to deployment.
- Deep understanding of the full life data lifecycle and the role that high-quality data plays across applications, machine learning, business analytics, and reporting.
- Deep understanding of writing test cases to ensure data quality, reliability, and a high level of confidence.
- Track record of advancing new technologies to improve data quality and reliability.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
Available Benefits and Perks:
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Pet Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.