Head of Data
CEST timezone - London or Europe Remote
Who are we?
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioural data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures. Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures.
Build and lead our data team. This is a great opportunity to define and grow a data team from the ground up. We, of course, believe that data is critical to the success of businesses and at Snowplow we want to provide the best data, analytics and data tools to our business teams. If you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems, working with stakeholders across the business and helping to drive insight through data then we would love to hear from you. The data team will be part of our wider Operations team reporting directly to our COO. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to initially manage one other person but over time build a larger team.
What you’ll be doing:
● You will design and implement a data strategy for Snowplow from data collection to insight
● Work with and guide teams to identify data needs
● You will implement and oversee the implementation of tooling and processes from data source to dashboard
● You will create and implement a framework that enables our data capable team members to run their own data workloads and self serve
● Provide analysis including commentary and recommendations related to reports generated
● Ensure analytics tools are set up to support business measurement and reporting requirements
● Building and developing the team to further the companies data capabilities
This role would suit someone who wants a mixture of manager and strategy responsibilities but also still wants to be hands on with technology.
What you bring to the team
● You love to solve complex business problems
● 3+ years experience in data engineering, analytics, BI tooling. Experience in collecting and manipulating data is key
● You’re a pro at juggling priorities, project management and collaborating with teams to deliver impactful solutions
● You can understand the tradeoffs between different solutions and delivering business value
● You are enthusiastic about optimizing business performance through data and data tooling
What you’ll get in return
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.