(UTC -5 )
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. The Snowplow team is delighted to announce that Gartner has recognised us as a cool vendor in Marketing and Data Analytics 2020.
At Snowplow, we want to empower people to do transformative things using data. We work with companies from around the world to help them better understand their customers and products, and develop a truly data-driven culture.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re in the process of scaling our Sales Engineering team and are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to support our Sales team based in London. If you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, developing a deep understanding of how companies architect their data stack, and helping companies use data to drive business decisions then we would love to hear from you.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our Account Executives to demonstrate the value of Snowplow to our prospects throughout the sales process.
The environment you’ll be working in
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing
● Working closely with our Account Executives to identify potential use cases in key verticals such as retail, media, B2B and others.
● Work with our Account Executives to design and deliver bespoke pitches and demos for different prospect stakeholders such as Heads of Data, CTOs, data analysts and scientists, product managers, marketers, and wider senior management.
● Develop an understanding of the business problems faced by a prospect, identifying technical obstacles, coming up with and presenting back solutions based on Snowplow.
● Help our prospects understand our technology and approach, including how to best use the different capabilities of Snowplow.
● Work on and deliver a proof of value to prospects which demonstrates the Snowplow advantage. This includes learning how to design, implement and test tracking, as well as how to write SQL to query and model Snowplow data in the data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery).
● Presenting Snowplow solutions based on a variety of cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc) and using these cloud platforms in demonstrations to help customers understand Snowplow's capabilities and value proposition.
● Support the wider sales team in building new demos and writing blog posts which helps build new sales pipe as well as convert existing prospects by illustrating the unique value of Snowplow.
● Support our Marketing team in building out the solutions-oriented product marketing and sales collateral, covering diverse industries, use cases and departments.
What you bring to the team
● Ideally you will have two or more years experience of technical sales at a SaaS company and/or have relevant commercial experience with tracking, analytics tools or customer data platforms (experience with DBT, Looker and other tools in the modern data stack would also be an advantage).
● You have experience with sales methodologies and processes such as MEDDIC (an understanding of the principles of the challenger sale would be advantageous).
● You are highly organised and able to manage your time effectively. Working with multiple prospects at any given time, you are able to coordinate with the technical teams at Snowplow so as to best support the Account Executives.
● You are a clear and confident communicator. You are experienced in presenting projects or solutions to business stakeholders of all levels.
● You have strong technical skills and have some experience performing data analysis and modelling in modern data warehouses, and have some understanding of front end web or mobile application development or tracking implementation.
● You love to learn and are excited about digital tracking trends and technologies.
What you’ll get in return
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)Freedom to work from wherever suits you best (as long as you are able to support your customers)
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.