ClosedLoop.ai is healthcare’s data science platform. Purpose-built and dedicated to healthcare, we make it easy for healthcare organizations (HCOs) to use AI to improve outcomes and reduce costs. Our platform combines an intuitive end-to-end machine learning platform with a comprehensive library of healthcare-specific features and model templates.
We’re the leader in delivering explainable AI solutions for healthcare. Regardless of whether our customers have extensive data science teams or are just starting out, our products are engineered to help them harness the power of AI to improve patient outcomes, achieve clinical excellence, and enhance business success.
What sets us apart is our commitment and ability to deliver AI solutions at-scale in healthcare. We’re ready to change the world. Are you? Come join us!
About the Role:
In this role, you will be highly involved in all facets of ClosedLoop’s clinical content strategy and for ensuring a rigorous approach to creating, maintaining and curating the growing set of complex features related to clinical conditions, adverse events, health behaviors, quality measures and episodes of care used to build AI-based solutions. You will work closely with a diverse team of colleagues including data scientists, product managers, and marketing and sales leadership, and will have interactions with customers, prospective clients, and business partners. As the ideal candidate, you combine experience and subject matter expertise, strong knowledge of the healthcare system and its evolving landscape, and an innovative and curious perspective that naturally questions the status quo.
Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and curate the health-related informatics “content” used in analytics, prediction models, and program evaluations with a rigorous and evidence-based approach. Informatics content includes key clinical measures and indicators, quality measures, and health economic and outcomes variables.
- Translate informatics content into technical specifications and requirements, rigorously QA using python and pandas, and work with product management and development teams to implement on the platform.
- Conduct analyses using informatics and feature-enriched data to generate key insights for customers, product, marketing, and sales
- Contribute to peer-reviewed research, case studies, white papers, and thought leader articles
- Play an active role on the customer success team by helping design and deliver results that address key business needs and objectives
- Play an active role during the sales process to help identify opportunities and develop actionable recommendations for prospective clients.
- Identify new opportunities using peer-reviewed literature, customer needs, competitive research, and market changes to influence clinical content and drive effective enhancements.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in health policies and regulations, as well as changes or enhancements to potential data sources, code sets, terminologies and ontologies.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, informatics, public health, or other health-related field and 3+ years of relevant experience. Clinical background a plus (e.g. clinical pharmacist)
- Knowledge of clinical and administrative health data, including clinical terminologies and administrative code sets (e.g. LOINC, SNOMED-CT, RxNorm, ICD, CPT, HCPCS and categorization schemes and taxonomies such as CCS and HCCs) and interoperability standards.
- Familiarity with healthcare operations, including payers, care delivery systems, and population health management programs
- Demonstrated experience using code sets and terminologies to create clinically relevant variables and measures, writing technical specifications, and calculating and testing calculations for accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing large administrative and clinical datasets to conduct healthcare analyses to understand the dynamics of costs, quality and outcomes in a population and key subpopulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to bridge technical and clinical subject matter disciplines (e.g., ability to present technical topics to lay audiences), and to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated expertise in programmatic manipulation of data is required; ideally pandas with python. Experience with CQL is a differentiator.
- Experience working with data scientists and software engineers and creating ways to scale your work
- Ability to thrive in an agile, ambiguous startup environment and produce high-quality output under tight deadlines, with minimal guidance
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience; est’d range $115-130k)
- 100% company-paid health insurance for medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families
- HSA & FSA options
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Parental leave
- Remote work
- "Exciting place to work! - Company has a great vision for the role of machine learning (and AI) in healthcare. Exciting to go to work every morning!"
- "Work Hard and Feel Rewarded - The CEO and CTO have total faith in their team, and the employees ideas and opinions are highly respected and listened to. The passion for our company's mission is contagious from the executive team, which makes our high standards fair and rewarding."
- "Room to thrive"
- "Passionate People, Supportive Environment, & Strong Vision"