ClosedLoop.ai is healthcare’s data science platform. Purpose-built and dedicated to healthcare, we make it easy for healthcare organizations (HCOs) to use AI to improve outcomes and reduce costs. Our platform combines an intuitive end-to-end machine learning platform with a comprehensive library of healthcare-specific features and model templates.
We’re the leader in delivering explainable AI solutions for healthcare. Regardless of whether our customers have extensive data science teams or are just starting out, our products are engineered to help them harness the power of AI to improve patient outcomes, achieve clinical excellence, and enhance business success.
What sets us apart is our commitment and ability to deliver AI solutions at-scale in healthcare. We’re ready to change the world. Are you? Come join us!
About the Role:
In this role, you will be highly involved in all facets of ClosedLoop’s clinical content strategy and for ensuring a rigorous approach to creating, maintaining and curating the growing set of complex features related to clinical conditions, adverse events, health behaviors, quality measures and episodes of care used to build AI-based solutions. You will work closely with a diverse team of colleagues including data scientists, product managers, and marketing and sales leadership, and will have interactions with customers, prospective clients, and business partners. As the ideal candidate, you combine experience and subject matter expertise, strong knowledge of the healthcare system and its evolving landscape, and an innovative and curious perspective that naturally questions the status quo.
Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and curate the clinical and health-related content - which are variables and ML Model features used to build predictive models and for health analytics - with a rigorous approach regarding research-backed applications and uses.
- Translate clinical content needs into technical requirements working with data science, product management, and development teams
- Accurately calculate features and healthcare measures (HEDIS, Stars, etc.) using python and pandas.
- Conduct analyses using feature-enriched data and clinical content to create key materials for customers, product, marketing, and sales
- Contribute to peer-reviewed research, case studies, white papers, and thought leader articles
- Play an active role on the customer success team by helping design and deliver results that address key business needs and objectives
- Play an active role during the sales process to help identify opportunities and develop actionable recommendations for prospective clients.
- Identify new opportunities using peer-reviewed literature, customer needs, competitive research, and market changes to influence clinical content and drive effective enhancements.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in health policies and regulations, as well as changes or enhancements to potential data sources, code sets, terminologies and ontologies.
- Bachelor's degree in related health field, e.g., public health, epidemiology, informatics or bioinformatics, and 6+ years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree in a related health field with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of clinical and administrative/billing data content including associated interoperability standards, clinical terminologies and administrative code sets, including LOINC, SNOMED-CT, RxNorm, ICD, CPT, HCPCS and resources used in these processes and clinical and policy-related categorization schemes and taxonomies (e.g. CCS maintained by AHRQ, HCCs maintained by CMS)
- Experience with clinical quality and cost measures (e.g. HEDIS, STARs) including writing technical specifications, calculating measures, and testing calculations for accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programmatic manipulation of data is required; ideally pandas with python, or experience in R, SAS, or STATA and a willingness to learn pandas. Experience with CQL is a differentiator.
- Demonstrated experience using code sets and taxonomies to craft clinically relevant variables for use in healthcare analysis, epidemiology, and/or HEOR studies.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing large administrative and clinical datasets (e.g. to QA newly-defined features, highlight key relationships with other data)
- Strong written and oral communication skills including ability to bridge technical and clinical subject matter disciplines (e.g., ability to present technical topics to lay audiences), and to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and implementation of FHIR-based applications strongly preferred.
- Experience working with data scientists and software engineers and creating ways to scale your work
- Ability to thrive in an agile, ambiguous startup environment and produce high-quality output under tight deadlines, with minimal guidance
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience; est’d range $100-130k)
- 401K plan
- 100% company covered for medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
- "Exciting place to work! - Company has a great vision for the role of machine learning (and AI) in healthcare. Exciting to go to work every morning!"
- "Work Hard and Feel Rewarded - The CEO and CTO have total faith in their team, and the employees ideas and opinions are highly respected and listened to. The passion for our company's mission is contagious from the executive team, which makes our high standards fair and rewarding."
- "Room to thrive"
- "Passionate People, Supportive Environment, & Strong Vision"