Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Data Product Platform Engineer is responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining data pipelines to support creation of analytical data products.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develop and build data infrastructure and leverage tools that allow data flow pipelines to be built for data science and business user consumption;
- Write CloudFormation scripts to enable automated infrastructure setup; write integration code where necessary;
- Create robust automated data quality and pipeline functionality monitoring;
- Leverage APIs to integrate SaaS and PaaS components of the data platform;
- Collaborate with product development and data science teams to solve challenging business and technical problems;
- Deploy data pipeline jobs created using best practices for ingesting surrounding ecosystem of products such as Snowflake, S3, Neo4J, RDBMS, NoSQL, JSON streams, etc.;
- Document deployment architectures pipeline coding best practices.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ten (10) years’ experience in data platform development across several ETL/DW platforms
Certificates and Licenses: AWS Solutions Architect Certification a plus.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Detail oriented, capable of envisioning edge-cases that are likely to happen in the real data sets
- Demonstrated experience using DevOps/DevSecOps and DataOps best practices (Source control & branching patterns, automated testing, automated deployments)
- Deep experience in some/multiple flavors of SQL; Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL and SnowSQL preferred
- Experience with database/data warehouse design approaches (Star schema, snowflake, 3NF, etc.)
- Experience with data-intensive push and pull APIs
- Experience in AWS cloud platform infrastructure development and deployment
- Experience deploying containerized and serverless processes
- Understanding of the AI/ML train, test, deploy process
- Experience leading multiple team members and managing team deliverables
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, computer science, engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience with DBT, Alation, Snowflake, Power BI
- Experience creating analytical base tables for AI/ML ops
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $95,853.75 to $190,341.40. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.