See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s Principal Data Analyst on Twilio’s DS&S Data & Analytics team
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead and mentor while developing data analytics products from concept to production. As Principal Data Analyst, you will extract and analyze data from large databases and present results to leadership, stakeholders, and staff. Technical skills, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, a drive for results, and adaptability across a wide group of stakeholders from the leadership team to individual contributors and support staff are core competencies essential to success in this role. Working across a breadth of groups, your work will shape and impact outcomes in a variety of domains across the enterprise, such as Operations and Strategy, Security and IT.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be the technical team lead and coach a team of BI developers, data analysts and data scientists
- Lead the execution of large scale, more complex analytics projects, as well as mentor complex projects using a wide breadth of data sciences and analytic techniques
- Design of analytical solutions, including statistical models & predictive analytics to support data-based decisions, including implementation and coordination with key stakeholders
- Guide the expansion of our data products and solutions by advising and influencing Business Leaders and senior other stakeholders with data-driven insights
- Develop in-depth subject matter-expertise in understanding key strategic data sources and data lineage within the organization to derive meaningful data analytics results
- Scope key business challenges, identify the right data and provide direction to data analysts, data analytics product managers, data scientists, data engineers and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with business partners to identify innovative methods of leveraging Data Analytics to improve efficiency, quality, and speed to achieve successful outcomes
- Communicate the value of data clearly by articulating both the high-level concept and detailed user stories for feature enhancements and convince teams to adopt data-driven improvements
- Present to Senior Management & Leadership by developing executive presentations with guidance
- Collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the data platform
- Provide deep knowledge and leadership in LLM / NLP statistical analysis as a thought leader
- Drive innovation by creating new frameworks, standards, prototypes and automation projects in relevant areas
- Develop best practices, risks, and contribute to company-wide standards
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years experience managing and overseeing complex technology infrastructure teams and programs
- 8+ years of experience using statistical computing languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- 8+ years of experience visualizing complex data in popular frameworks or platforms (such as Looker, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Expert SQL scripting required.
- Development experience in one of the following: Scala, Java, Python, Perl, PHP, C++ or C#.
- 8+ years experience managing and overseeing complex technology infrastructure programs
- Basic understanding of statistics – hypothesis testing, p-values, confidence intervals, regression, classification, and optimization.
- Superior verbal, visual and written communication skills to educate and work with cross functional teams on controlled experiments.
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field. PhD preferred or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc., is a plus.
- Experience with working in cloud-based data science, database, big data processing, and reporting tools – preferably on AWS (S3, RDS) and Snowflake
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum SDLC, preferably using DevOps and GitHub.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication, and presentation skills – the ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
Based in Colorado: $130,000 - $165,000
Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $140,000 - $175,000
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.