We don’t just collect data, we connect data.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to market research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
YouGov is an international data and analytics group. Our core offering of opinion data is derived from our highly participative panel of 8 million people worldwide, with 33 million interactions and billions of data points. We combine this continuous stream of data with our deep research expertise and broad industry experience into a systematic research and marketing platform. We have 36 offices in 22 countries and panel members in 44 countries.
Our values are to be fast, fearless, get it right and trust each other.
Yougov is searching for a Remote Python Developer to collaborate building a modern and large-scale cloud-based analytics platform built for the web, entirely in Python.
What will I be doing?
- Working on the data transformation and transmitting the data, making assurances about the integrity of it
- Our data flows handle more than 30 million data points every week, you will be central on the delivery of that data to our analytics team
- Work primarily on backend, middleware and databases but everyone in the team regularly works on the full stack.
- Optimization on memory management and speed is crucial given the scale and speed we want to bring to our platforms and clients.
What do I need to bring with me?
- 4+ years’ experience of Python web-based development
- Experience using CherryPy, Flask or similar framework
- Basic understanding of MongoDB, Django & PostgreSQL
- Understanding of TDD methodology
- An interest in ETL
This is a full time, permanent remote role, which can be based in any worldwide YouGov Office or any remote location throughout the US or Europe. We are a global team with developers on US central and east coast, and European hours too. Our only requirement time-wise is to attend an online daily meeting to report on your assignments.