Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Analytics Engineer
The Business Intelligence team is building a modern data stack to cultivate data-driven decision-making across the high growth business. We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team, who is inquisitive, curious, and passionate about solving complex business problems with analysis. This role will provide the opportunity to work closely with business partners and build KPIs, dashboards, and exploratory analysis to empower a data-driven culture across the company.
What You'll Do
- You’ll collaborate with executives, stakeholders, and decision-makers to prioritize, design, and fulfill their data analytics needs.
- You’ll identify KPIs driving business growth and performance and work closely with the business teams to define them.
- You’ll work across the data stack to design and build various data products (data models, dashboards, analysis) that enable the business to make data backed decisions.
- You’ll help garner trust in data from the business by documenting analytics best practices, assisting with data discoverability and ensuring data accuracy.
- You’ll promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use analytics products and teaching the business users how to use them.
- You’ll communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects to stakeholders.
What We're Looking For
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in BI or Analytics teams.
- You have hands-on experience in building and managing data transformations (dbt experience is a plus)
- You are able to craft functional and user-friendly data products (data models, dashboards, etc..) for both technical and non-technical stakeholders..
- You have experience with cloud data warehouse technologies (BigQuery is plus).
- You have experience with a data visualization tools (ie. Looker, Tableau, Mode)
- You are a SQL expert, capable of complex, efficient, and logical SQL to accomplish data analysis goals.
- You are driven by logical and analytical thinking to solve problems. And have an eye for detail-oriented analysis and design.
- You have functional knowledge of financial, sales, or other core business metrics.
- You are able to manage professional relationships across a variety of stakeholders, including executives.
- You are able to identify and prioritize multiple requirements and manage expectations accordingly.
- You are collaborative and willing to traverse and contribute to the entire data stack, from front-end to back-end as needed.
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $150,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.