Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Data Analyst
The Product Growth team is passionate about accelerating the business and building a data-driven culture. We are looking for data enthusiasts who want to apply their analytical and engineering skills to build tools to modernize data, metrics and insights driven decision making. If you are naturally curious about deriving insights and crafting data requirements that have an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Build a data practice for the product team
- Partner with product and marketing teams to understand their data needs
- Help teams ask good questions and get valuable insights
- Help answer the business' most pressing questions in repeatable, reliable ways
- Build analyses that tell a “story” focused on insights, not just data
- Apply models on large datasets to measure results and outcomes
- Develop cost, financial, and product scenario modeling with team
- Work with Engineering and BI / Systems teams to analyze new datasets
- Liaison with BI to support reporting & dashboards in BigQuery and Looker
- Extract, analyze, and collate data from a variety of sources to create prototypes and present to senior management
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience in Data Analytics, Data Science or Business Analyst role in a technology related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering
- Experience with cloud data warehouse technologies (BigQuery is plus)
- Expertise in SQL, capable of complex, efficient, and logical SQL to accomplish data analysis goals
- Specialist at crafting functional and user-friendly dashboards (Looker is a plus)
- Proficiency in another data programming language is a plus (Python, R, etc.)
- Ambitious spirit that thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Demonstrable ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal teams
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications
- Strong intuition for understanding the underlying needs of the business
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.