The analytics team at Boss Fight Entertainment, a Netflix Game Studio is focused on using data, analytics, and sciences to improve and inform various aspects of our business. We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our game analytics team, supporting end-to-end analytics & data needs for our games portfolio. This role will be partnering closely with our stakeholders from every part of the studio to develop data solutions that enable deep analysis for all Boss Fight Entertainment games.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines to collect, process, and analyze large and complex data sets from various sources, including game telemetry, customer data, and other business data
- Conduct detailed player behavior analysis, including segmentation, churn analysis, player retention, and other metrics to provide insights and recommendations to the development team
- Create engaging data visualizations and dashboards using tools such as Tableau to help stakeholders easily understand and act upon data insights
- Work closely with the development team to integrate data analytics into game development processes, and provide recommendations for improving game features and player experience
- Clearly scope, track, execute, and communicate on projects in an Agile environment
- Communicate with stakeholders across the organization providing insights and actionable results in support of decisions
- Partner with Director / Lead to drive best practices
- Mentor other analytics team members
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our games and the market
Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in SQL, comfortable with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Scala, etc), and some exposure to ETL and data warehousing concepts
- Strong data visualization skills using Tableau or similar software
- Deep understanding of player behavior, game telemetry, and the gaming industry
- Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes
- Experience working with Agile tools, methodologies, and processes
- Highly organized with the ability to quickly identify and prioritize opportunities for optimal ROI
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
Nice To Haves
- Experience with AWS Redshift
- Experience with Git, Perforce, or other source control systems
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of analytics engineering experience working with video game analytics (i.e you are familiar with how key metrics such as DAU, MAU and retention rates are computed)
- Thorough understanding of big data principles, techniques, and best practices
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range description
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - 275,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.