The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is seeking a collaborative, curious, and strategic-minded Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing Analytics team. This role will partner closely with The Zebra’s Agency team to help drive smarter planning and operations decisions. In this pivotal position, you’ll connect Agency data and initiatives to overall company performance while building out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and communicate impact that drives decision making for partners.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! Like many companies, pre-COVID we weren’t set-up this way. We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and are loving the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA & MA.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with Agency, Commercialization, and Data teams to gain a deep understanding of our user data across the entire customer journey.
- Build and maintain robust dashboards and reports that communicate impact and business insights to the Agency and broader organization.
- Become a domain expert in Agency data, serving as an advocate between Agency partners and the Data team to ensure data is accurate, available, and actionable.
- Support Agency Leadership by catching material changes in our critical metrics, digging into the cause, and providing thorough reports on what is driving those changes.
- Analyze performance trends and make recommendations to improve conversion and increase customer retention.
- Gather requirements from partners and take a proactive, self-starter approach to analyzing the data to find opportunities for the Agency team.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 - 5+ years of analytics experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI (business intelligence) platforms (such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc)
- Reporting and dashboard creation (e.g. forecasting, pacing, etc.)
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Collaborate across an organization with superb communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) and be comfortable engaging with management across multiple functions
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience in B2C
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
- Programming experience in R
- Data modeling or database mapping
BENEFITS + PERKS:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some of our other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.