Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada and USA.
Tucows is looking to add a new member to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company. We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it.
You will work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, as well as to collaborate and ensure that their reporting requirements are captured in the development process. You’ll then work with Data Engineers to build data pipelines, acquiring data from source systems and moving it through our data hierarchy, from messy and raw to clean and aggregated. Lastly, you’ll explore the data with visualization tools and statistical techniques to help make our products better and to improve the experience of our customers.
As a senior analyst on our team, you will also help more junior analysts enhance their ability to do the above too.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Top-notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math and statistical analysis skills, especially as they pertain to business and experimentation
- An interest and proficiency in the presentation and visualization of numbers and statistical data
- Ability to understand business imperatives and drivers, find relevant data correlations, and create processes by which the data correlations are translated to information flows that help drive the business
- 5+ years of quantitative analysis work experience
- 5+ years experience handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports
- Strong expertise with an SQL language, as well with as database structures and data lake architectures
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with Snowflake
- Proficiency with Python
- An understanding of the principles, tools, and processes of data science
- Post-secondary education in a technical field, or B.S./M.S.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.