Resultant is a modern consulting firm with a radically different approach to solving problems.
We don’t solve problems for our clients. We solve problems with them.
Through outcomes driven by data analytics, technology solutions, digital transformation, and beyond, our team works with clients in both the public and private sectors to solve their most complex challenges. We start by learning as much as we can about who they are, how they work, and what they’re striving for so we can feel their problems as our own. Partnering with our clients means their desired outcomes are always top of mind, their challenges and strengths guiding our efforts. We build client-focused relationships before we build unique solutions that blaze past expectations.
Originally founded in Indianapolis in 2008, Resultant now employs more than 400 team members who operate from offices around the United States including Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, Indiana; Columbus, Ohio; Lansing, Michigan; Denver, Colorado; Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia.
We’re Resultant. Clients partner with us to see a difference. People join us to make one.
At Resultant, we are fearless problem solvers. We are passionate about helping our clients solve their toughest problems. Data analytics is a core component of how we do this.
We are looking for Data Scientists to add to our talented Data Team. In this role, you will perform data analysis, statistical analysis, and develop algorithms and methodologies on structured and unstructured data for on-demand and software-embedded use.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Develop and apply machine learning and advanced analytics algorithms to solve problems you’ve never seen before
- Collaborate with data architects and software developers to plan and construct the architecture of model deployment
- Summarize results and communicate to our team and clients
- Contribute and share new knowledge with our team at a lunch-and-learn
- Expect to face new challenges each day. Expect to work on a high diversity of different
- problems. Expect to work hard and learn faster than you thought possible.
This is not an entry level/recent graduate role and requires at least 5+ years of related industry experience. Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting are:
- Bachelor’s and preferably advanced degree in a quantitative field required
- Experience developing algorithms with Python and/or R
- Experience working with data from a traditional relational database environment. NoSQL experience a plus
- Experience with statistical modeling and analysis
- Experience performing longitudinal analysis a plus
- Experience with distributed computing a plus
- Development experience on Linux/Mac
- Experience with Bayesian analysis is a plus
- Experience developing interactive visualization (shiny, plotly) is a plus
- Experience with developing in cloud environment is a plus
- Experience with text mining and NLP algorithm is a plus
- Experience with open source machine learning and data stack (gensim, Caffe, Keras, spacy) is a plus
- Experience with graph and network algorithms is a plus
- Experience with container technologies (docker) and development toolkit (git, jenkins) is a plus
Strong working knowledge of the following:
- Modern data mining and machine learning methods
- Statistics, mathematics, computer science, numerical methods, and data visualization
- Linear algebra and probability
- ·Regular expression and text mining
- Rapid prototyping and development
- Solution creativity and effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Comfortable working across a wide range of project sizes and industries
- Entrepreneurial inclination to discover novel opportunities for applying analytical techniques to business and social problems
What you should know about us:
- We are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- We are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization, and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- We compensate well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- Our leaders work hard, serving as shining examples of what it means to live out our values. They are servant leaders, helping their teams to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and several opportunities to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you're up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us:
- "I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like this."
- "I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team."
- "The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer