At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
The Shutterfly Personalization Data Sciences Team is recruiting a Senior Data Scientist - Pricing as thought leader within a broad array of machine learning applications to help make informed pricing and promotional decisions that increase revenue and profitability. Our growing team of data scientists and engineers will give you with the opportunity to work with virtually every form of customer purchase and engagement data, applying state of the art techniques for customer personalization and price optimization.
What You'll Do Here:
- Provide thought leadership within pricing and promotions analytics and translating complex concepts for non-analytical peers within Marketing, Ecommerce, Product and Engineering
- Develop experimental designs to support test and learn
- Apply advanced knowledge of SQL and the ability to extract and deploy complex modeling features through our MLops feature store
- Size the impact of the models on key business measures
- Build machine learning models using Python which can recommend optimal product, price, offer, content and information.
- Provide actionable insights to drive key decisions across the marketing organization using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Be a self-starter, eager to learn, and motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
The Skills You'll Bring:
- MS or Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as computer or data science, economics, finance or applied statistics.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and deploying machine learning and deep learning models including experience in the context of discount and pricing in an ecommerce setting.
- Exhibited knowledge of pricing and promotional strategies. Candidates should have a deep understanding of how pricing and promotions impact customer behavior and sales.
- Hands-on experience with linear programming tools such as PuLP for optimization of constrained pricing decisioning.
- Experience with state-of-the-art ML frameworks such as Sklearn, Tensorflow and PyTorch.
- Experience with MLops tools and platforms such as MLflow, Sagemaker and DataBricks
- Advanced SQL skills
- Practical experience with distributed data platforms: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, SPARK
- Usage of cloud compute solutions, eg. AWS, GCS or Azure
- Experience with version control systems such as Github
- Hands-on experience with Unix and shell scripting
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed and may not be applicable to other locations. California: [$138,100 -$197,250] Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$138,100 - $179,100] Colorado and Washington: [$138,100 - $165,600] Nevada: [$129,800-$179, 100] This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/.