We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Our investors are Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital, and Glynn Capital Management.
With 500+ employees spread around 3 continents and a Glassdoor rating of 4.5 (Oh yes, check it out here!), we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together with regular happy hours, team offsites and amazing holiday parties (think renting out an island, taking over an arcade and cruising around the Bay on a chartered yacht). Perks include team lunches, delivered-to-your-home monthly snack boxes, corporate philanthropy and matching gifts, monthly tech allowance, medical/dental/vision, 401K with matching, access to JustAnswer's 12,000+ verified Experts, and more. Best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
The JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
Data driven: Data decides, not egos
Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
Innovative: We 're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
About The Role
As a Senior Manager of Analytics, you will be accountable for building and leading multiple teams with the goal of creating excellent customer and product experiences. You will be expected to operate in both a strategic and tactical capacity, with high organizational visibility. You will be responsible for developing ideas that guide product and marketing strategies.
You lead with an inspire and motivate approach, not a command-and-control approach. Your growth will be determined by the ongoing performance value of the team. Your teams will help define product vision, analyze consumer needs, and make data-driven decisions to help drive informed business decisions. By harnessing the power of big data, A/B testing, statistics, and algorithms you will create analytic tools that fulfill key business needs and help countless of people across the world.
Customer focus for JustAnswer is about building frictionless, quality experiences for our customers that provides them with access to the JustAnswer Expert community so they may get answers to important pressing questions. We are looking for a results-oriented data evangelist and customer advocate to help lead our Analytics team, where you will develop data products enabling our business partners to advance the customer experience to drive company market share. Your work will enable strategic and operational decisions as we test & learn towards the goal of crafting differentiated offerings to deliver value for our customers.
The right person will raise the profile and excellence of our entire team. You will uncover product insights through the development of high capability, easy to use data products. You will be integral to our company growth and our customers’ success through the insights you uncover, the thoughtful recommendations you make, and the people you mentor and lead.
A successful candidate will:
- Help lead the direction and vision for the Analytics team. Be a change agent and activator to find opportunities, set priorities, and establish goals to enable insight into customer product usage
- Use (and constantly improve) the data products you build to drive insights that inform strategic and operational decisions to improve our product offerings, increase customer retention, and customer success
- Grow the current Analytics team via coaching, recruiting, optimization, and leading by example
- Establish rapport & trust with, and provide strategic value to business partners
- Help establish test & learn culture that enable higher velocity experimentation
Your teams will tackle some big challenges and questions, such as:
- How do we select the best expert to answer a customer’s question?
- How do we set pricing so that experts will answer questions that have variable complexity?
- How can we optimize pricing based on location?
- How do we understand customer intent based on conversational data?
- How can we best create incentives that drive higher engagement rates?
- How do we optimize our funnels to maximize revenue?
- How engaged are our customers with different features and products on the site?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create the strategic vision and a framework that supports the development of algorithms that help the customers and professionals connect quickly and accurately
- Build, lead and provide direction to analytics teams in setting the research agenda, determining priorities based on the product roadmap, evaluating research projects and exploring new methodologies
- Manage and optimize all ecommerce-related analytics (revenue, transactions, traffic, conversion, entry points, sales funnel, etc.)
- Analyze data to identify optimization and conversion opportunities
- Evaluate the company’s ecommerce practices and available data to formulate testing recommendations (a/b, multivariate), content changes and other improvements that affect the customer experience
- Measure the impact of all testing and changes
- Work with product and engineering groups to make sure that all information is tracked accurately and completely, with a focus on data quality and documentation
- Be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of internal analytics products and analyses that help the organization assure that we are making the best-informed decisions possible
- 5+ year(s) of managing parts of the client engagement, including: leading conversations to understand business context, building relationships with the client, identifying key business issues, structuring analysis, and managing the development and delivery of recommendations
- 3+ year(s) of people management experience
- Experience participating in the company's recruiting activities
- Ability to structure analysis to solve complex business problems
- Ability to package findings/recommendations from analysis in a coherent, impactful way
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Proficiency in analysis and business modeling using Excel
- Robust understanding of statistics and A/B testing
- Experience working on engagements focused on online businesses
- Experience working on engagements focused on subscription businesses
- Expert proficiency in data extraction using SQL
- Web analytics tool experience like Google Analytics, Omniture
- Predictive modeling, regression analysis using R or Python
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Promote co-creation and encourages others to participate; works smoothly across all levels and departments
- Manages time and meetings effectively, properly leveraging managers' time
- Excellent interpersonal and service-oriented skills
- Proactively shares appropriate level of information across teams
- Actively listens to others and ensures they are understood
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Self-starter who is action-oriented and leads by example
- High-level of accountability and acts an owner, develops effective short and long-term plans and goals
- Provides timely, effective and meaningful feedback that motivates others to improve performance
- Builds and/or supports a high performing team; recognizes and rewards achievement
Perks & Benefits
- United Healthcare PPO, Kaiser
- FSA and HSA options, including Dependent Care Spending
- Dental & Vision
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- $75 monthly Remote-Work stipend
- $30 monthly Wellness stipend
- $200 per year for registration fees for fitness events, races, and marathons
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your home
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 company holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable donation matching
- JustAnswer subscription - access to 12,000 experts in over 700 categories
And let's not forget having fun! Our Minister of Fun organizes weekly pop-up lotteries for prizes, monthly virtual bingo, trivia competitions, photo contests, puzzles, virtual mixed-team lunches, and spirited company-wide challenges!
JustAnswer US has adopted a remote-first/full-remote work environment. Some teams do occasionally have the option to meet in-person for teaming, collaboration, or social events. With employee wellbeing as a top priority, where legally permissible, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend these optional in-person events.
Our philosophy as a business is to put people’s safety and wellbeing first. In response to Covid-19, JustAnswer US practices 100% virtual recruiting and onboarding processes.