We're looking for an experienced Sr. Data Analyst to join the Finance team at Zapier. If you are interested in uncovering problems, building dashboards and spreadsheets, analyzing datasets, communicating insights, and cross-functional collaboration, read on.
- You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate unfamiliar technical topics in a clear and approachable way. We value good writers!
- You thrive with autonomy. You don’t need a heavy direction or daily check-ins. You can set your own goals and execute them. You know how to move on your own. You own outcomes and not tasks.
- You have a consultant mindset. You start by identifying what problem you are solving. You use active listening to understand your audience and their goals. You are approaching your work with curiosity and seeking context.
- You are a quick learner. You combine active listening and strategic thinking with a solid ability to process, understand and memorize new information.
- You are excited about data communication. You will help your teammates and stakeholders develop KPIs and associated dashboards. You’ve mastered at least one BI / Data Visualization tool for keeping your team up-to-date with the numbers.
- You understand that perfect is the enemy of good. You will default to action by initially shipping solutions that simply work and work simply while iterating as needed to get towards better outcomes.
Things You’ll Do:
- Building, updating, and maintaining various goal tracking systems.
- Communicating data/insights via long-form writing and visuals.
- Maintaining and updating financial models.
- Diving deep into the rabbit holes of SAAS-related analyses.
- Building new and improving existing processes aimed at supporting leaders in their decision-making.
- Tools you’ll probably use are Google Sheets, Looker, Google Data Studio, and SQL.
The Whole Package
Location: North America
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on timezones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.