Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to help guide analyses, create predictive and prescriptive insights, and influence decisions. With thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users there is lots of opportunity to make a meaningful impact and increase growth through analytics within Smartsheet. You are curious, have strong data science and machine learning skills and the ability to communicate key insights effectively. You will work primarily with Worldwide Sales, Customer Success and product organization and will be a part of Smartsheet's Data Science & Business Intelligence team.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
This full-time position reports to the Sr. Director of Data Science & BI and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA, or remotely.
Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success teams, understand their goals, and execute on opportunities to draw relevant insights and drive tangible impact
- Develop and implement machine learning based Cross-sell/Upsell models and Product Recommender models to drive Sales & Monetization
- Build and deploy predictive models for Customer Churn and identify proactive churn risk prediction signals to drive retention
- Drive the full analytics lifecycle from understanding the business objective, analyzing the data to developing automated reporting and visualizations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate data science solutions into business processes
- Effectively present analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences and give data-based recommendations to encourage data-driven decisions
- Drive a data culture within the WorldWide Field Operations teams
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience (or 7+ years of experience)
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, propensity modeling, churn prediction and recommender systems
- Proficient analytical skills for problem solving; can perform descriptive analysis, diagnostic analysis, predictive analysis and prescriptive analysis.
- Strong programming skills in Python or R
- Proficient in SQL and skilled in visualization tools (ex. Tableau)
- Strong track record of forming effective cross-functional partnerships
- Experience using data to meaningfully impact Sales & Customer Success strategy execution
- Experience communicating analysis clearly to others
- Ability to research and learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, find opportunities and execute in both independent and collaborative environments
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and some roles may be eligible for a RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $118,800-$172,800. All other US States: $110,000-$160,000.
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Our Candidate Privacy Notice describes how Smartsheet may process your personal data, including the use of a third party provider for application submissions.