Who We Are:
In Twitter, we serve billions of ad impressions and generate millions of dollars in revenue per day. For every ad shown on Twitter, our distributed machine learning system evaluates, in real-time, millions of ad candidates behind the scenes to find the best one. When executed successfully, we create aha! moments for our users & advertisers and add huge value to the Twitter business & revenue.
We care deeply about:
- Staying abreast of and leveraging recent advances in machine learning.
- Maximizing ROI for businesses that advertise on Twitter
- Maximizing the value that Twitter user’s get from ads they see on Twitter
- Maximizing Twitter’s revenue
- Work with large unstructured and structured data sets (multi-terabyte, 100MM+ daily transaction volumes)
- Review literature for the latest machine learning techniques
- Design experimental features, model architectures, and loss functions for improving the value extracted from each real-time ad auction on Twitter
This position is available in: San Francisco, CA, Remote US, Los Angeles, CA; Sunnyvale, CA; Boulder, CO; Washington, D.C.; Chicago, IL; Cambridge, MA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA
Who You Are:
- A machine learning software engineer with a passion for working on exciting algorithmic and deep infrastructure issues in ML environments.
- You thrive on working in concert with other smart people, including from distributed offices.
- You communicate fluidly, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and being understood.
- You have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution.
- You take pride in polishing and supporting our products.
- You work hand-in-hand with modeling engineers and data-scientists, and your passion is to enable them with better infrastructure.
- Senior level experience and MS or PhD in computer science
- Fluent in one or more object oriented languages like Java, Scala, C#, C++
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews
- Experienced in operating Linux-based systems
- Passionate about working with large unique data sets
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.