AI Scientist - Security Solutions - Remote
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do
As an AI Scientist, you’ll be part of our Security Solutions team located in Location. You’ll get to:
- Utilize AI and big data analysis methods to work within cross-functional teams to engage the internal clients and broader customer base, comprehend the internal client's problems, develop strategic analytical products and support requirements analysis
- Develop AI solutions that delivers a measurable outcome, testing the solution, and implementing the transformation
- Apply domain expertise and business acumen to develop multiple insights and theories for complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and deep understanding of existing methods and solutions
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships, including patterns and trends from a wide variety of data
- Collaborate with AI Engineers to deploy and maintain solutions in production
- Continuously develop AI know-how for the company
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Deep understanding of machine learning and AI, specifically in neural networks, convolutional neural networks, random forests, classifiers, tree boosting systems, clustering, feature representations and feature engineering
- An understanding of multivariate statistics and statistical inference
- Advanced proficiency of Python or R
- An understanding of cloud services platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience in modern machine learning applications such as natural language processing, computer vision or predictive analytics.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, data science, statistics or related field
- 1+ years of software developer experience
- 3 years of experience with data analysis in high performance computing, machine learning, big data analysis or related areas
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Machine learning and cloud service
- Neural networks, convolutional neural networks, random forests, classifiers, feature representations, AI / Artificial Intelligence and/or related techniques
- Development of quantitative models for Industrial systems (reliability data, sensor data) supply chain big data analysis, revenue forecasting, or similar problems using machine learning.
- Modern deep learning approaches and natural language processing.
- Experience with AI on the edge (Jetson Nano, Google Coral, Intel NCS)
Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients or other quantitative analysts and engineers using expertise in hardware or software technologies
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How you'll feel:
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.