- Remote Canada, Remote US, San Francisco Office
We’re looking for a passionate, driven, and experienced data analyst to work with our Analytics team.
At Pocket, we are focused on connecting people to the power, possibility & magic of the web. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
With millions of people discovering and consuming content across the Pocket platform, our community generates one of the most unique and interesting sets of data on the web. Furthermore, Pocket’s small size will allow you to work on diverse analysis instead of being limited to supporting any one business group.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on hundreds of millions of users, across many different devices and platforms.
If you are interested in applying your data analysis skills to help Pocket's product, business, and engineering teams make timely, data-driven decisions, then Pocket might be the place for you!
What you’ll do:
- Explore and research data relating to key product and business metrics
- Collaborate with product, business, and engineering teams across Pocket to support their data needs and refine their understanding of it
- Conceptualize, build, and maintain dashboards and reports focusing on key metrics and experiments
- Create simple and elegant data visualizations designed to communicate insights clearly
What you already have:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis or statistics; product analytics preferred
- Can demonstrate advanced SQL knowledge and are comfortable wrangling large data sets into easy to comprehend analysis and visualizations
- Experience with a data visualization tool (e.g. Mode Analytics/Looker)
- Enjoy communicating insights concisely, accurately, and meaningfully to a diverse audience
- Have a passion for helping anyone and everyone understand complex topics
- Any Python/R/Snowflake experience considered a plus
- Any dbt experience considered a big plus!
- Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed above, and be passionate about learning new things
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
What’s the team like?
We’re a remote-friendly team headquartered in San Francisco, with more than half of our colleagues working from home, co-working spaces, or Mozilla offices. Video conferencing, Slack chats, and shared documents keep everyone in the loop and make sure no one feels isolated. We value transparency and collaboration from the CEO on down.
At Pocket (a subsidiary of Mozilla), we are a small agile team, which means each teammate has the opportunity to make a big impact. But we also keep it real: our working hours are flexible—not just because we have team members in different time zones—but because we know you have a life outside the office, and we value that. You’re human, we’re human, and everyone at Pocket is treated with utmost respect.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.