Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. We collect terabytes of data every day from millions of users to guide our decision-making processes. We need your help to enable the future of Mozilla in a way that makes us proud!
As a Data Scientist within the Data Org, you will work as part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for understanding and empowering the future of Mozilla.
The Data Science team sits at the intersection of finance, business, operations, product, engineering, and leadership. We collaborate closely with these partners to provide meaningful insights.
As a Data Scientist at Mozilla you will:
- Apply a variety of statistical methods including causal inference to understand the intricate ecosystem of our users, products, partners, revenue
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Define, evaluate and report on key business metrics
- Generate data-informed insights and communicate these data stories to colleagues to influence decision making across Mozilla
- Contribute to the team through mentorship, technical methods, improvements in how we work
Your Professional Profile
- You lead with empathy. You value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture.
- You have a background in quantitative analysis knowing how to analyze, visualize, and interpret data and have 2+ years of experience applying these skills in an industry setting.
- You have experience in SQL or SQL-like environments, as well as scripting languages such as Python or R and desire to gain further technical experience on the job.
- You have owned complex projects from inception to completion and your work has influenced entire organizations. You’ve contributed to and executed against data science roadmaps in collaboration with others.
- You take stakeholder needs into account, bridging methodology and data into meaningful strategy from your analyses. You are a communicator who crafts impactful data narratives that inform company decisions around product, business, and finance.
- Experience synthesizing product and revenue data is a plus!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.