Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry, serving billions of requests every year: you have most likely used our product without knowing it. Each year we are growing in revenue and scale by several multiples, helping customers in every eCommerce vertical around the world.
We love working together to help each other succeed, and are committed to maintaining an open, cooperative culture as we grow. We get to the right answer with empathy, ownership and passion for making an impact.
The Data Platform & Analytics team, within Data Science and Engineering, is a crucial unit that serves both internal and external stakeholders. On one hand, serving the whole Data Science organization by providing an easy-to-use platform for engineers to create, schedule and run their data workloads. On the other hand, serving customers by delivering sophisticated analytical capabilities to the Customer Dashboard. Last, but not least, enabling the whole organization to use a data-driven experimentation approach by building an internal A/B testing platform.
The team consists of a mix of data engineers & analysts owning & collaborating on multiple projects. As a member of the Data Platform & Analytics team, you will use world-class analytical, engineering and data processing techniques to build the foundational infrastructure, tooling and analytical capabilities and enable the business to move forward.
Challenges you will tackle
- Help Account Executives to build a better demo for prospect customers, participate in customer discussions and sales processes.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to make sure our customers have a successful partnership with us.
- Take initiative and perform data exploration to understand user behavior, suggest opportunities for improving our recommender & search systems, and implement pipelines for data delivery, as well as UX/UI changes.
- Ideate and deliver analytical insights to the customer dashboard to enable effective decision making for customer merchandisers and analysts.
- You are proficient in BI tools (data analysis, building dashboards for engineers and non-technical folks).
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to translate business asks into a technical language and vice versa.
- You are excited to leverage massive amounts of data to drive product innovation & deliver business value.
- You are proficient at SQL (any variant), well-versed in exploratory data analysis with Python (pandas & numpy, data visualization libraries). Big plus is practical familiarity with the big data stack (Spark, Presto/Athena, Hive).
- You are adept at fast prototyping and providing analytical support for initiatives in the e-commerce space by identifying & focusing on relevant features & metrics.
- You are willing to develop and maintain effective communication tools to report business performance and inform decision-making at a cross-functional level.
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Maternity & Paternity leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.