Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry, serving billions of requests every year: you have most likely used our product without knowing it. Each year we are growing in revenue and scale by several multiples, helping customers in every eCommerce vertical around the world.
We love working together to help each other succeed, and are committed to maintaining an open, cooperative culture as we grow. We get to the right answer with empathy, ownership and passion for making an impact.
The Personalization & Ranking team, within Data Science and Engineering, plays a central role in implementing algorithms that optimize for business KPIs like revenue & conversions. We focus on metrics over features, arming our ranking algorithms with powerful capabilities that bring value to customers in the way they care the most about.
The team consists of a mix of ML & data engineers owning & collaborating on multiple projects. As a member of the Personalization & Ranking team, you will use world-class analytical, engineering and machine learning techniques on big data to shape the evolution and scale our recommendation & search algorithms.
Challenges you will tackle
- Build and deploy robust ML systems for personalized search, browse and recommendation experiences.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical business partners to develop analytical dashboards that describe the impact of ranking algorithms to stakeholders.
- Improve business KPIs by validating hypotheses with new personalization, ranking features & techniques.
- You are excited about using ML to build a performant & practical ranking system for 100M+ requests per day.
- You excel at Python, at least one ML/DL framework, have proficiency with any variant of SQL, and feel comfortable with the big data stack like Spark, Presto/Athena & Hive.
- You have delivered production ML systems and conducted A/B tests to validate their value. Experience leading strategic ML product initiatives from ideation to production within a cross-functional team is a big plus.
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to translate intuition into data-driven hypotheses that result in engineering solutions that bring significant business value
- Excellent skills delivering & communicating business value
- Proficiency with Python, SQL and the big data stack for end-to-end ML product development
- Comprehensive knowledge of classical machine learning, including ranking & classification
- Experience with deep learning, including neural networks and representation learning
- Experience shipping personalization & recommender systems to production
- Skills designing, conducting & analyzing A/B tests
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and their trade-offs
- A proven track record of software architecture & design skills
- Experience with a public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Maternity & Paternity leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.