Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry, serving billions of requests every year: you have most likely used our product without knowing it. Each year we are growing in revenue and scale by several multiples, helping customers in every eCommerce vertical around the world.
We love working together to help each other succeed, and are committed to maintaining an open, cooperative culture as we grow. We get to the right answer with empathy, ownership, and passion for making an impact.
The Recommendations team together with other teams plays an important role in implementing algorithms that optimize for business KPIs like revenue & conversions. We focus on metrics over features, arming our recommendation algorithms with powerful capabilities that bring value to customers in the way they care the most.
The team consists of a mix of designers, full-stack, and machine learning engineers owning & collaborating on multiple projects. As a member of the Recommendations team, you will participate in defining our product strategy & prioritization as well as use world-class analytical, engineering & machine learning techniques to evolve and scale our recommendation algorithms.
Challenges you will tackle
- Build and deploy robust ML systems for personalized recommendation experiences
- Design & deliver new recommendation features & products to satisfy customer needs & drive revenue growth in an efficient manner
- Improve business KPIs by validating hypotheses with new recommendation features & techniques
- Participate in strategic planning, brainstorming & prioritization sessions to improve the recommendations product
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical business partners to develop analytical dashboards that describe the impact of recommendations to stakeholders
- You are excited about using ML to build a high-performant real-time recommender system for 10M+ requests per day
- You excel at Python, at least one ML/DL framework, proficient in any variant of SQL, and feel comfortable with the big data stack like Spark, Presto/Athena & Hive
- You value code quality & documentation, obsessed with code & ensuring the result quality end-to-end
- You have delivered production ML systems and conducted A/B tests to validate their value. Experience leading strategic ML product initiatives from ideation to production within a cross-functional team is a huge plus
- You are a great communicator with the ability to translate intuition and business requests into data-driven hypotheses
- You are passionate about creating maximum business value in the most efficient manner
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Maternity & Paternity leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.