How you will help
HealthVerity is looking for a Data Architect/ETL Developer to lead the Data Architecture discipline and drive the next generation of data warehouse and data products development. You will be working with terabytes of healthcare data, developing innovative data solutions in collaboration with Data Engineers, Data Management, Delivery and Analytical teams. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, Data Warehouse, you will be contributing to the fast-growing company’s success by being instrumental in designing, developing and deploying the next generation data platform.
What you will do
• Collaborate with the Analytical team to prototype and prove the viability of data solutions
• Design of all aspects of data solutions including modeling, developing, technical documentation, data diagrams and data dictionaries
• Collaborate with engineering team members and data operation teams to productionize data solutions
• Provide expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices, evaluate best applicable solutions for different use cases
• Suggest how to design and optimize data architecture for consumption, utilization, and analytics on the Data Warehouse
• Analyze data patterns and optimize data processing
• Research new technology trends and products
• Familiar with the healthcare data domain with previous experience working with healthcare datasets
• Good understanding of Big data platforms, Data Warehouse techniques and principles
• Adept in Data Governance and standards
• Passionate about data
• Self-starter, driven to succeed
Desired skills and experience
• 8+ years of architecture or engineering experience in building data pipelines, ETLs, data platforms, data products, distributed data systems or AI/ML
• 8+ year of experience with SQL, shell is a plus
• 3+ years of healthcare data analytics experience
• 3+ plus years of job-related experience in programming languages such as Scala, Python, or similar
• Bonus: Bachelor's Degree, a technical or business discipline preferred, Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $135,000 - $190,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote