How you will help
As a Software Engineer on the Data Transmission Engineering team, you will develop and maintain the services and tools powering HealthVerity’s data pipelines. This includes the ingestion of raw data into our petabyte sized warehouse -- all the way to the delivery of cleaned, de-identified and linked data to our clients. You will interact with internal teams to create applications they can use and software that empowers HealthVerity to process and deliver terabytes of data at a time.
What you will do
• Develop services that facilitate ingestion, storage, and extraction of data throughout HealthVerity’s data ecosystem
• Design and build APIs that support data pipelines
• Build applications that enable internal teams to configure data pipelines
• Build tools that will orchestrate and automate data pipeline
• Work collaboratively with a team of driven engineers, engaging in paired programming and code reviews
• Work with our product teams to understand the needs of our users and build the software that addresses those needs
• Improve the software development process through agile ceremonies
• Mentor engineers and foster an environment of collaboration and learning
Our tech stack:
The Data Transmission team leverages the following technologies in our day-to-day development process:
Python, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Serverless Framework, Postgres, React, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, AWS SNS/SQS, AWS Eventbridge, Airflow
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
• Passionate about learning new technologies
• Excited about working with large amounts of data
• Skilled at building robust data pipelines
• Knowledgeable in cloud services, especially AWS
Desired skills and experience
• 8+ years of Python experience
• 3+ years of AWS experience
• 3+ years of Spark, or similar technologies, experience
• 3+ years of experience building data pipelines
• Familiarity with React, or similar frameworks
• Experience with serverless framework
• Bonus: Experience with Airflow
Pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations have partnered with HealthVerity to solve some of their most complicated use cases through transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. Together with our partners, HealthVerity has built the modern way to data for the health insights economy. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Our company challenges
• Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
• Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
• Standardizing on common data models across data types
• Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
• Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
• Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
We have big plans
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’ve created a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products and services. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that each team member at HealthVerity feels connected, validated and heard. From Philadelphia to Manhattan Beach, our success is driven by recognizing that a team is made up of individuals. We offer a robust set of benefits and perks to everyone. View details on our careers page.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote