At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Data Engineer I – Job Description
Our team is currently looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about creating awesome analytics solutions for our customers and our teammates. You’ll be hands on with solution delivery, and be flexible, proactive, and solution focused. The ideal candidate will identify, build, and implement solutions that enable data scientists to create robust machine learning models. Together, the team will create end to end advanced analytic solutions and products.
We value open and honest communication, and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality analytical products and services.
- Develop, maintain, and support modern data pipelines for use in machine learning
- Design, build, and test solutions for data transformation from a variety of data sources while modeling data in an efficient and performant manner
- Work directly with customers to understand reporting and analytics needs
- Collaborate with customers, BI analysts, and data scientists to design and build data solutions to enable robust machine learning
- Be a committed agile teammate who helps the team to reach their goals
- Participate in all agile ceremonies, including planning, pointing, demos, and retros
- Stay up to date on data analytic trends and employ industry (and company) best practices for data warehousing, ETL, ELT and Data Analytics in general
- Prioritize unit tests, both manual and automated, to ensure the highest code quality
- Participates in code reviews and pull requests
- Responsible for documenting solutions, metadata, and processes to the required company standard
- Assists in problem management and root cause analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, or a closely related discipline in a Computer Science field (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of Datawarehouse Design experience, and 0-2 years of data modeling experience; or, Master’s Degree, and 0-1 years of data warehouse design experience, and 0-1 years of data modeling experience. Working knowledge of data transformation (ETL and ELT) design patterns, optimization, and tools such as Azure Data Factory (ADF preferred) or SSIS
- Experience building and designing BI semantic models in SSAS tabular preferred
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools, with preference to PowerBI
- Comfortable using work management tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps
- Experience using version control such as Git, TFS, or SVN
- Understanding of web services and other Application Programming Interfaces
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, working with data from BI semantic models)
- Robust knowledge of SQL and tuning SQL including analysis of query plans
- Experience and expertise in Python for data transformation
- Experience developing and operationalizing data pipelines for consumption in machine learning solutions
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match after 6 months and 500 hours of employment and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- Opportunity for additional/bonus compensation through individual and company performance targets determined by the Company at its discretion
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.