At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Lead, Machine Learning Engineer – Job Description
Our team is currently looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about creating awesome advanced analytics solutions for our customers and our teammates. As a lead you’ll be responsible for guiding the machine learning engineering team in best practices, leading MLOps and implementation of models, and coaching the team. You’ll be hands on with solution delivery, a mentor, and encouraging the team to be flexible, proactive, and solution focused. The ideal candidate will identify, design, and implement solutions that optimize business processes in a strategic and impactful way.
We value open and honest communication and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality analytical products and services. You’ll be flexible, proactive, and solution focused.
- Be part of a high-performing team developing and implementing AI algorithms to help address solve complex problems and create unique solutions in healthcare
- Partner closely with data scientists, data engineers, ML architects and other technical teams to optimize our delivery process for production grade ML/AI systems
- Continuously monitor for model degradation and recommend treatment as necessary
- Prioritizes data pipeline and model testing within the team to ensure a high level of code coverage and quality
- Maintain knowledge of advances of ML systems, techniques, open-source, and cloud offerings
- Contribute to the end-to-end technical work of a variety of AI/ML projects, providing expert guidance focused on successful business outcomes and transitioning early models into production grade solutions
- Own the evaluation, upkeep and improvement of the architecture and implementation of our MLOps framework
- Lead building of MLOps pipelines to support development, experimentation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, validation, and monitoring of AI/ML Models
- Develop and use modern software engineering practices to deploy AI/ML at scale
- Build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using API’s
- Provide exemplary leadership, caring mentorship, and collaborative technical advice to staff
- Contributes to architectural design discussions of enterprise-grade ML platforms that meet compliance, performance/scalability, and operational requirements
- Help build organizational MLOps expertise through continuous learning, knowledge of best practices, and application of these through the education and training of technical teams
- Facilitate the development and deployment of proof-of-concept machine learning systems
- Perform system optimization and stability analysis as needed
- Works with the team to prioritize and estimate work as well as plan team capacity
- Coordinates team activities and dependencies with data science and data engineering as well as holistic design with ML, solution, and enterprise architects as needed
- Provides input into team and organization budget
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Software or Computer Engineering, Computational Statistics, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline
- 3+ years MLOps experience with a focus on deployment, model monitoring, drift detection, continuous re-training, and roll-back for machine learning solutions
- 4+ years of experience with machine learning, developing models focused on driving business outcomes and writing production grade code
- 5+ years of experience working with Database Management Systems, Data Lake, and cloud based ML Ecosystems such as Spark or Databricks
- 3+ years experience technical leadership
- 2+ years experience managing a small team
- Expertise in designing and implementing solutions to avoid ML-system anti-patterns and dependencies
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
- Passion and curiosity for developing innovative ML solutions in a business environment
- Expert at developing robust active learning and/or continuous training systems in production
- Solutioning complex data processing and storage challenges through scalable, fault-tolerant architecture
- Knowledge of ETL and ELT design patterns and optimization as well as complex orchestration via tools like Azure Data Factory, Databricks, or similar and working with data engineering to implement
- Demonstrable expertise using scripting and database languages such as: Python, SQL, and Scala
- Experience using Integrated Development Environments like Notebooks (e.g. Jupyter, Databricks), and Visual Studio with SSDT, Azure Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio"
- Hands-on experience leading the deployment of machine learning and deep learning solutions, leveraging modern ML frameworks such as: Spark, MXNet, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, and scikit-learn
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Strong desire to uphold best practices
- Ability to work with the defined source control and change management processes
- Focused on continual improvement
- Expert problem solver
- Ability to anticipate changes and works to mitigate impacts
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Strong ownership and leadership to drive success based on overarching team and company goals
- Master's degree in related field of study
- Staffing Industry experience
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Medical field or terminology background
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match after 6 months and 500 hours of employment and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- Opportunity for additional/bonus compensation through individual and company performance targets determined by the Company at its discretion
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.