At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst – Job Description
We are looking for a Senior BI Analyst who is passionate about creating awesome analytics solutions for our customers and our teammates. In addition, this role will help to drive analytics enablement efforts across the company. You and your teammates will design and deliver enterprise BI and analytics solutions as well as develop and promote the use of self-service analytics across the enterprise. Your mission will be enabling and empowering the business to be more efficient with data and champion data-driven decision making. You’ll be a mentor to other analysts in the team and across the business, encouraging them to be flexible, proactive, and solution focused. Through a consultative approach, you will be a trusted partner throughout the enterprise to advise on improving outcomes with robust analytics.
We value open and honest communication, and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality analytical products and services.
- Serve as the senior, trusted data evangelist and BI champion across the enterprise to promote the value of data-driven business insights
- Drive the analytics community outreach and training across the Analytics CoE and enterprise as well as hosting community events on analytics related topics
- Assist business users in the adoption of self-service analytics tools and coach them on solving business problems with data and analytics
- Meet with stakeholders and end-users to gather requirements for data analytics and visualization requests
- Design, build, and test internal and customer-facing dashboards and reports to meet the requirements of the user while working together with technical team members to present the data in a consumable and efficient manner
- Create mockups and prototype solutions, working with Data Engineers and BI/DW Solutions Architect to ensure the customer’s needs are met in the final product
- Collaborate with Data Engineers on building robust BI semantic solutions to enable drag and drop governed self-service
- Create and evangelize data visualization, dashboard, and reporting style best practices and standards
- Work with data governance team on certification of data sources and dashboards that provide trusted information
- Be a resource to teammates and the organization as a subject matter expert in data visualization, analysis, and driving business outcomes in a data driven manner
- Facilitate the definition of business KPIs and be a change agent where standardization needs to occur
- Participate in ongoing delivery efforts of the Analytics CoE team to the enterprise and provide analytics expertise across the Tech
- Exposure to principles of advanced analytics and presenting that information in an actionable, easy to use solution
- Stay up to date on data analytic trends and employ industry (and company) best practices
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in BI or analytics related roles
- Experience working with relational database systems
- Experience building and designing BI semantic models in SSAS tabular
- Deep experience of data visualization tools, with preference to Power BI
- Working knowledge of data preparation and data transformation approaches
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, working with data from BI semantic models)
- Knowledge of paginated and tabular reporting tools (e.g., SSRS)
- Robust knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of DAX
- Strong communication, customer service, and presentation skills
- Prior training and user group leadership experience
- Familiarity with modern data science languages such as Python, R, etc. is a plus
- Strong Knowledge of M
- Staffing Industry experience
- Travel Nursing experience
- Medical field or terminology background
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match after 6 months and 500 hours of employment and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- Opportunity for additional/bonus compensation through individual and company performance targets determined by the Company at its discretion
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.