About the team
On the Engagement Optimization team, we focus on leveraging quantitative models and machine learning algorithms to solve client-related business problems. By personalizing client interactions across multiple marketing platforms, we are able to increase our understanding of individual preferences, improve brand loyalty, develop promotion strategies, and maximize client long term value.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join us over the summer for a 10 week duration. As an intern, you will utilize our rich datasets, and gain experience as a full stack end-to-end data scientist. You will work closely with marketing stakeholders on some interesting projects, such as personalizing client-facing imagery using image processing or developing sequential marketing strategies. Then, you will have the opportunity to get your prototype into production, and launch an A/B test on the real business problem.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Apply modern machine learning techniques to real business problems with high impact
- Work as a full stack data scientist to not only build the model, but also bring it into production and testing
- Develop your applied machine learning and software engineering skills
- Effectively communicate and share results with both technical and non-technical cross-functional partners
We're excited about you because you...
- You are a graduate student or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering or related field
- You have experience implementing/designing machine learning algorithms
- You are familiar with programming languages (preferably python), and able to adapt to new technologies
- You have a creative, problem-solving mindset
- You work well with others and have strong communication skills
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal-oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. We’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology, and unique product to deliver a refined and deeply personalized shopping experience. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute! We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.