About the Team
The Experimentation and Inference Frameworks team leverages expert experimental design, statistical modeling, and causal inference to help Stitch Fix rigorously evaluate our actions and technology. Our team develops tools and frameworks to address complex experimental designs and observational analyses. We work closely with cross-functional partners both on the business side and within the Algorithms team to identify opportunities to improve and scale experimentation.
About the Role
In this role you will have the chance to build experimentation and inferential frameworks and drive research into human-in-the-loop behavior through experimental design, implementation, and analysis to drive strategic business decisions. You will have autonomy to help shape the direction of experimentation and inference at Stitch Fix through your ideas to improve what we do and how we do it.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will get the chance to…
- Identify, develop, and evangelize tooling, approaches, and data products that raise the bar of validity in experiment design and analyses across the company
- Frame slippery business problems and innovate a path forward
- Research and implement statistical approaches to solve unique business challenges
- Collaborate with multiple teams and functions to deliver deep-dive analyses and experiment design for new initiatives and high-priority business areas
- Develop and iterate on our processes to empower more efficient and rigorous experimentation
We’re excited about you because…
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field with an emphasis on experimentation and/or inferential statistics
- You have 3+ years of work experience in data science
- You have experience designing/conducting experiments in an industry setting
- You have experience partnering cross-functionally and enjoy gathering input from stakeholders
- You are a proactive communicator who helps simplify and move complex problems forward
- You have experience coding at a production level in Python or R
- You are innovative and inspired to take on new challenges and you do not shy away from potential failure
Why You’ll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.