About the Team
Consisting of data scientists of various backgrounds, the Acquisition Algorithms team leverages causal inference, statistical modeling, and machine learning to help Stitch Fix achieve its ambitious growth goals. Our team extends Stitch Fix’s dominance in data-driven personalization to all marketing touchpoints throughout the customer journey. We work closely with stakeholders to identify impactful problems for which we build algorithmic solutions. Cross-functional collaboration is deeply meaningful to us and is how we’ve built up immense trust with our partners in Product, Marketing, and Engineering.
About the Role
In this role you’ll build data products to improve customer trust and deepen their understanding of the products using client feedback and review data from Stitch Fix’s customer base (a.k.a social proof). You’ll exponentially scale up Stitch Fix’s content generation with human-in-the-loop, machine learning solutions. Partnering with Product, Engineering and Design, you will create a social proof experience that helps customers establish confidence in their shopping decisions through “the wisdom of the crowds” without having to scroll endlessly to read product reviews and brings a bigger focus on community based personalization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
Research and mine a wealth of client feedback data with state of the art natural language processing techniques
- Turn this goldmine of data insights into algorithmic capabilities that help clients establish confidence of their decisions and awareness of Stitch Fix products and services
- Identify potential applications of social proof within the client journey and opportunities to improve internal workflow.
- Collaborate with other data scientists to build a data flywheel around client feedback and social proof
- Experiment and build new algorithmic capabilities from the ground up
- Lead complex initiatives that require collaborations across multiple teams and functions
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of work experience in a data science role.
- You have a degree in Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- You have production machine learning experience, i.e. not just fitting a model but being held accountable for rigor and reliability in production.
- You have experience writing Python in collaborative environments.
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills that will simplify and move forward complex problems.
Why You’ll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.