**Considering candidates in San Mateo, Santa Barbara, or US-based remote**
Evidation Health is seeking a Health Outcomes Research Intern on the Research, Analytics and Learning (ReAL) team to participate in the analysis and delivery of results from technology-based research and clinical trials. The ReAL team is a group of scientists, engineers, and researchers from varying fields of expertise who are all interested in measuring and improving health. The Intern will collaborate across the ReAL team to understand and communicate results surrounding interventional and observational digital clinical research studies. Specifically, this role will focus on a project within infectious disease prevention and vaccination, describing the development and impact of a digital health intervention in improving outcomes. Interns can expect to learn about the following broad topics: digital health intervention development, qualitative interviews, patient-centered design, digital health research at a large scale, and decentralized pragmatic clinical trials.
- Conduct literature reviews and research on specific disease and therapy areas to support manuscript development
- Write outlines for manuscript development
- Summarize literature into concisely written documents
- Collaborate with the data science and biostatistics teams to help prepare and understand statistical analysis to generate clinically meaningful study results for products (e.g., manuscripts, slide decks)
- Integrate and respond to feedback from stakeholders, including clients and co-authors regarding written and presented products
- Create figures and documents for products to present scientific results in a visually appealing manner
- Prepare client deliverables, including presentations slides and reports
- Bachelors degree in a health-focused field, such as public health, health psychology, psychology, epidemiology, etc. Will consider candidates outside of these fields who have relevant postgraduate experience and skills.
2+ years of research experience in academic, biotech, start-up, or similar industry settings after graduation (or a graduate degree).
- Ability to synthesize clinical research and communicate ideas in oral or written form clearly and concisely to varied audiences
- Experience with writing about quantitative and/or qualitative analysis methods and results
- Strong time-management, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Efficient multi-tasker able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Works well independently and with minimal direction at times
- Versatile team player with affinity for collaborative environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or GSuite (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Graduate degree (MPH, PhD, MS) in a health-focused field, for example, public health, health psychology, psychology, or epidemiology
- Demonstrated writing ability for journal publications, with publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated scientific communication skills, such as oral or poster presentations at conferences, podcasts, or other social media communications
- Expertise in the domains of: influenza, clinical trials, vaccination, infectious disease, or health behavior change
Evidation measures health in everyday life and enables anyone to participate in groundbreaking research and health programs. Built upon a foundation of user privacy and control over permissioned health data, Evidation's Achievement platform is trusted by millions of individuals—generating data with unprecedented speed, scale, and rigor. We partner with leading healthcare companies to understand health and disease outside the clinic walls. Guided by our mission to enable and empower everyone to participate in better health outcomes, Evidation is working to bring people individualized, proactive, and accessible healthcare—faster.
- Put individuals first
- Challenge each other and state your good intent
- Go fast while maintaining quality and integrity
- Work to win together
OUR BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible work hours
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives
- Mobile phone, home internet, and home office furniture reimbursements
- Apple laptop and your choice of monitor + noise cancelling headphones
- LinkedIn Learning and other professional growth opportunities
EVIDATION HEALTH VALUES DIVERSITY AND IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR ANCESTRY, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION INCLUDING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, SEX OR GENDER.