Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
We are looking for a Lead on Advanced Analytics team to help Airbnb enable travel for our millions of guests and hosts on our platform. This role will support the Marketing team.
- Data thought partner to business leaders across marketing teams through providing insights, recommendations, and enabling data informed decisions.
- Drive day to day marketing analytics
- Develop a deep understanding of how Airbnb can acquire new hosts or new guests via email, push, SEO, and other channels.
- Partner closely with marketing and product leaders to design, execute and evaluate A/B tests. Understand common pitfalls and caveats when designing and evaluating results.
- Define how to best measure the performance of Airbnb products and business through new metrics and dimensions - align on definitions with the business (evaluating tradeoffs and defining guardrails), and prototype metrics through custom data pipelines.
- Empower the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets and dashboards. Collaborate with Product Engineering to spec out logging and with Analytics Engineering to build data tools for mass consumptions within Airbnb.
- Contribute towards advancing the Analytics and Data Science disciplines at Airbnb, including driving data best practices such as improving and automating analytical processes, building new data tools and data sets, data education around the company and mentoring and developing others.
- 5+ years in industry experience and a degree (Masters or PhD is a plus) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research).
- Expert communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience partnering with internal teams to drive action and providing expertise and direction on analytics, data science, experimental design, and measurement
- Experience in analysis of A|B experiments and statistical data analysis
- Experience designing and building metrics, from conception to building prototypes with data pipelines
- Strong knowledge in at least one programming language (Python or R) and in SQL
- Ability to drive data strategies, with a central source of truth to impact business decisions
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $144,000 and $194,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodation
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.