About the role
Are you a data-driven powerhouse with a passion for unlocking the true potential of Fintech products? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment where your analytical skills can make a significant impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Lead Analyst on our Growth Product Analytics Team!
At Self, we are revolutionizing the Credit industry by developing cutting-edge products that reshape the way people build Credit. As a Lead Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in our success by driving data-informed decision-making and accelerating our growth trajectory. As a Lead Analyst for the Growth Product Analytics team, you’ll be a key thought leader in accelerating growth. You will set the pace and analytical rigor of a team focused on helping more customers experience what Self has to offer. You’ll utilize analytical capabilities, storytelling, and business acumen to inform our Growth roadmap. You’ll partner with key leaders in Product, Analytics, Design, and Engineering to influence strategy through data driven recommendations.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, and designers to identify growth opportunities and develop data strategies that drive product innovation and acquisition
- Perform comprehensive analyses using a wide array of data sources and advanced statistical techniques to identify trends, patterns, and insights that fuel product optimization and business growth
- Lead efforts in experimentation, user funnel analysis, dashboard development, and predictive analytics to identify key opportunities to improve Self’s web and mobile app acquisition experiences
- Be the Analytics owner for key metrics such as conversion rate, visitor segmentation, time to conversion, referrals, etc
- Communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, influencing strategic decision-making at all levels of the organization. You should be able to see the forest through the trees
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competition, emerging technologies, and best practices in growth analytics, ensuring that our team remains at the forefront of innovation
- Work with clickstream / event data to identify opportunities using tools/languages such as Redshift, Python, R, JupyterLab. This role has the ability to cover descriptive, diagnostic, and predictive analytics
- Own the development, reporting, and analysis of key KPIs to help us understand trends and behaviors that directly impact growth
- Promote data fluency and data informed decision making throughout the organization
- Partner with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to ensure proper event tracking and measurement of features, experiments, and products
What’s exciting about the role
- You’ll have a direct impact on customers ability to improve their financial lives
- You’ll have the ability to help build new products and experiences that directly impacts millions of customers
- You’ll work directly with all levels of the business - including Executives, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- You'll have the ability to execute autonomously
- You’ll have the chance to mentor teammates and build team culture
- You’ll learn how business decisions flow through the entirety of the business
- You’ll get to sharpen your existing technical, dashboarding, and communication skills
What we expect
- 7+ years of Analytics experience
- 5+ years experience with A/B testing and statistical analysis
- Strong expertise in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization using tools such as SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Power BI, or similar technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter mindset, with a strong sense of ownership, and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Experience working with subscription services or financial products a plus
- You thrive in ambiguity and love building cohesive narratives
- You have the ability to manage your own workload and are self-sufficient
- You are very familiar with event tracking plans and event schema
- You are familiar with Marketing and Product KPI’s
- You thrive on iterative analysis and driving data driven recommendations
- You’re familiar with dimensional modeling and data warehousing
- You understand the balance between investment and impact and can prioritize work appropriately
- You enjoy coaching other analysts
- You’re inquisitive and willing to try different things to get the answers that matter
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score because of a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with creative technology solutions and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.