The DataOps team is a group within the core Data Engineering team, and is responsible for the operation of our data infrastructure platforms, and for driving the adoption of DevOps practices in the Data Engineering team (CICD, Testing, and Automation best practices).
This role is a great fit for you if your interests are at the intersection of Data Engineering and DevOps, and you have experience with developing CICD pipelines or managing infrastructure platforms.
Our Core Tech Stack Includes:
AWS, GCP, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Snowflake.
The impact you’ll make:
You’ll be a driving force in driving the maturity of our DataOps practices in Mission Lane by building the tools and workflows used by the entire data and software engineering team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Build CICD pipelines, and drive the adoption of DevOps practices in the Data Engineering team.
- Deploy and manage core data infrastructure and platforms used across Mission Lane (i.e. Tableau, Snowflake, Matillion, Retool).
- Build and maintain the tools and infrastructure that allow the Data Engineering team to adopt DataOps principles.
- Participate in architecting data solutions that will scale to millions of users.
- Assist in defining and implementing standards and best practices within the data engineering domain.
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data or Software Engineer in a Data intensive role.
- 3+ years of experience in a mature DevOps environment (i.e. GitOps, CICD, test automation, etc.)
- 5+ years experience using SQL and advanced SQL techniques.
- 3+ years experience building and deploying services in the cloud.
You get bonus points for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience.
- Experience with deployment and management of internal platforms.
- Experience managing SQL and databases such as Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres.
- Experience deploying code in Python or other Object Oriented languages.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins