Firework is a global start-up in high-growth mode. We are growing and building our Business Intelligence team to support our expanding global infrastructure. This visible, analytical role is deeply integrated into the business and will get the chance to build a function and team from the ground up and influence business decision-making through data.
What you'll be doing
- Define success for a new global business intelligence function that serves as a central shared service for internal stakeholders; devise, lead, and build business intelligence processes, platforms, dashboards, metrics, and insights to help the business with access to data that impact decision-making
- Through data visualization and roadmap, support the business by identifying root cause analysis and solutions to business challenges
- Partner with engineering and internal customer teams to solve business and technology problems using BI metrics
- Own all tactical, operational, and technical responsibilities that include data preparation, data warehousing, reporting integrity, predictive analytics, data exploration, and information delivery
- Build, develop, and lead a small global business intelligence team
We'll be excited if you have
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science or related field
- Minimum 7+ years relevant experience such as data science, data analyst, business intelligence, and people and project management
- Experience building a business-oriented, self-serve business intelligence function from the ground up, ideally with some of these years in a people management capacity
- Hands-on advanced knowledge in business intelligence, data modeling, data management, enterprise data warehouse, big data, dashboards, as well as BI and Analytics tools, technologies and expertise in visualization technologies including Looker, Tableau & other technologies
- Advanced experience with SQL and large data-set analysis skills
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship management and communication skills, especially communicating effectively to different audiences
- Start up mentality; ability to work in a fast-paced global environment
- Strong sense of empathy and adaptability with a pragmatic approach to customer service
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in the United States or Canada.
Don't hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.