Affinity stitches together billions of data points from massive datasets to create a powerful, accurate representation of the world's professional relationship graph. Based on this data, we offer our users the insights and visibility they need to nurture and tap into their team's network opportunities.
In this new role, you'll help create the magic that underlies Affinity's industry-leading relationship intelligence by leading and scaling out Affinity’s Data Engineering & Ingestion team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead SCRUM processes, e.g., daily standups, sprint plannings, retrospectives.
- Lead complex technical, architecture, design, and product discussions.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineers on the team.
- Identify and fill gaps on the team, and create the processes necessary for the teams’ success,
- Scale out the team by hiring additional talented engineers to fill existing gaps and provide the necessary velocity to meet product goals,
Help define our data roadmap. You'll collaborate with our product and engineering teams to help to answer these questions and more.
- You have 6+ years of experience working in backend software engineering or data engineering with 2+ years in a leadership role.
- You have experience working with large, multi-terabyte datasets and are comfortable with high-scale data ingestion, transformation, analysis, and prediction tools.
- You take pride in delivering exceptionally high quality in terms of data accuracy, performance, and reliability.
- You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and across functional teams.
- You’re eager to contribute your ideas and experiences to help Affinity continuously improve as a product and company.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres, or Ruby.
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
At Affinity, we are passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals. Our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month. We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms. With over 1700 customers in 70 countries on our platform, a Glassdoor rating of 4.9, and being ranked in the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies, we need more great people to help us scale even more.
The more diverse our team is, the more we’ll be able to learn from each other, and the better our company and our product will be. Whatever your gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, favorite Spotify playlist, or social, cultural, and economic background, we can’t wait to welcome you to Affinity!