BlueChip Financial is looking for a talented Manager of Credit Risk and Business Analytics who will be a mentor and leader to members of the analysis team, and a vital link to lead and deliver business objectives by performing and effectively communicating analytics on the effects of our decision platform, marketing, modeling and credit strategy on consumer loan performance. We have revolutionized the emergency loan market by using sophisticated machine learning, supervised A.I. and big data to detect fraud and predict payback.
The ideal candidate:
- Has insatiable CURIOSITY and desire for personal GROWTH of self and others
- CREATIVELY combines math/stats/algebra, programming languages, and regression or machine learning when applicable to deliver results
- CHALLENGE and affect leadership daily to adopt and test ideas
- Fluidly COMMUNICATES analytical results and recommendations that will have IMMEDIATE impact on the business
The BA team is the true hub of BlueChip’s decision-making wheel. BlueChip’s executive team consistently leans on its BA’s to guide significant business decisions, and as a result our BA team has repeated opportunities to drive real, robust results through their analytical strengths.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver deep analytical insights on business performance to monitor and maintain the strong performance of BlueChip’s existing consumer loan portfolio.
- Directly manage junior level analysts to improve their skills and career development.
- Work closely with a team of elite data scientists to leverage machine learning models to drive business performance.
- Report directly to the Chief Credit Officer and work regularly with executive leadership.
- Drive analytical projects to optimize financial product design and credit policy.
- Implement strategies alongside information technology based on insights to deliver business value to BlueChip.
- Coordinate with data and marketing vendors to achieve specific business objectives.
- Lead across functions of the business to create maximum value for BlueChip’s customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate across all levels and roles of the BlueChip team, consultants and vendors.
- Develop and drive future testing, learning and enhancements in order to expand and optimize its lending business.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in analytical/quantitative field (Economics, CS, Philosophy, Engineering, Mathematics) from a highly competitive school.
- 6-10 years experience in complex, data-driven problem solving.
- Experience managing analytical functions.
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated environment.
- Elite quantitative analytics skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience with R / Python or similar statistical-based programming languages.
- Experience with SQL and/or similar large-data programming languages.
- Experience using advanced Microsoft Excel analytics tools (VBA, statistical add-ins, data management and merging tools).
- 2+ years management experience.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience implementing large projects.
- Loan servicing, underwriting or portfolio risk analysis.
- Experience using machine learning tools to analyze data and/or optimize production and processes.
Location and Travel
BCF is headquartered in Belcourt, North Dakota with a satellite office in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position can be located at either office, although travel to both offices will be required. Under normal (post-pandemic) circumstances, travel will also be required to attend industry conferences and may also be required for vendor management, both of which may vary at times. Total travel should flex between 10% and 30% per month.
Perks and benefits
- The opportunity to help bring much-needed income and economic development to the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Generous employee benefits plan, including robust healthcare plans, matching 401K, and four weeks of PTO
- Company-sponsored professional development and training opportunities
About the Company
BlueChip Financial (d/b/a Spotloan.com) is a leading online direct lender founded in 2012 that utilizes advanced underwriting technology to provide short-term loans to Americans in need. BCF is wholly owned and operated by the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians of North Dakota, a Federally-recognized Native American Tribe (the “Tribe”).
BlueChip Financial is an integral part of the Tribe’s economic development efforts, and it is an essential provider of employment opportunities on the Tribe’s reservation. Employment decisions at BCF are based on qualifications, ability, and merit. When qualifications are equal, candidates who are enrolled members of the Tribe will receive preference. After considering this preference, it is BCF’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.