Product Manager II, Data-Driven
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 1M+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team and support the efforts of our AI Engineering team. Our team works with some of the latest in the AI/ML space including natural language processing with large language models, deep learning techniques, and recommendation algorithms. The team also owns the end-to-end process from training models to API deployment. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and delivering AI/ML features that help achieve the company’s goals. You will work closely with other product managers as well as collaborate with our data science & engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the problem statements and gather product requirements
- Own the product life cycle of a feature from concept, definition, experimentation, development, metrics, and maintenance.
- Work closely with data scientists and backend engineers and provide feature requirements that will influence the development of our models and infrastructure
- Effectively communicate complex solutions, requirement decisions and product updates to all stakeholders
- Create & maintain product documentation such as requirements and release notes
- Monitor performance by continuously gathering feedback & metrics from internal users, customers and subject matter experts
- Prioritize features and inform a roadmap that considers the trade-off of short-term optimization with long-term strategic investments
The skills, experience and qualities you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager delivering backend, data-driven or AI features
- Strong capability to understand data structures and has performed data analytics
- Ability to translate front-end use cases into data-driven requirements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with delivering enterprise software solutions or B2B software products
- Knowledge/interest in the recruiting space or data science/machine learning concepts is desirable but not required.
- Self-starter and self-driven
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
Pay Transparency: The pay range for this position is $120,000 to 160,000. This pay range may be adjusted for certain geographies, based on local labor costs. If you are hired at The Mom Project, your final base salary will be based on factors such as geographic location, skills, and depth of experience.