Mission Lane is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our geographically diverse team. We have offices in Richmond, VA, and San Francisco, CA, but are open to remote candidates.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role:
At Mission Lane, our analysts work on business problems that touch all facets of the business and have the opportunity to work on different teams within the organization as their careers develop. Your first role would be on the customer growth team focused on search marketing and the acquisition funnel. The customer growth team is responsible for managing our marketing channels and growth strategy, all while staying true to our mission. On this team, you will be expected to use data-driven analytics to optimize how we acquire new customers.
Business Analyst, Growth Job Responsibilities:
- Owns the end-to-end paid search marketing channel. Includes building the strategic plan, maintaining roadmaps, media management, competitive analysis, in-platform marketing operations, analyzing performance, bidding and ad optimization, and communicating insights with your management team.
- Provides actionable overall market and customer insights to address key strategic questions, using both internal databases and 3rd party data sources for competitor insights.
- Owns the testing roadmap. Develops ideas, designs the specific tests, launches them into the market, reads results, and digests insights into an action plan.
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports using internal database query tools (both via SQL and visual analytics tools like Tableau), spreadsheets, web analytics tools, statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools.
- Evaluates customers’ behavior on our website using front-end analytical tools (Heap), providing insights and recommendations for further enhancements to the guest experience through conversion optimization.
- Leverages PowerPoint presentations as a storytelling tool to effectively communicate market and consumer insights to the team.
Marketing Analyst Qualifications / Skills:
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of business acumen
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role
- Proven ability to problem solve end-to-end: from framing the question and forming a hypothesis, to analyzing the data, to communicating and debating the answer with other stakeholders
- Familiarity with SQL, python, or other tools for data analysis
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Experience in Google Ads and/or other paid search marketing tools
- Bachelor’s or Masters's in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar quantitative field with a record of strong academic performance
- Experience in advanced analytic and statistical techniques related multivariate and A/B testing, digital revenue attribution, customer segmentation, and marketing effectiveness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace Preferred
Bonus points for:
- Experience doing analytical work with credit cards or other consumer lending products
- Experience helping scale a business in a fast-paced startup environment