How you will help
HealthVerity is looking for a Senior Data Platform Analyst, who is knowledgeable with healthcare data and can derive meaningful information from it. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, Data Warehouse, you will be contributing to the fast-growing company’s success by being instrumental in designing, developing and deploying the next generation data platform.
What you will do
• You will be working with terabytes of healthcare data, developing innovative data solutions in collaboration with Data Engineers, Data Architects, Delivery and Analytical teams
• Derive meaningful information from various data assets
• Design processes that will compute various data metrics to identify data anomalies
• Suggest how to design and optimize data architecture for consumption, utilization, and analytics
• Analyze data patterns and present your findings to broader stakeholders
• An expert in healthcare data and SQL guru, with an analytical mind, who enjoys working with data
• Knowledgeable of big data platforms
• Familiar with the healthcare data domain with previous experience working with healthcare datasets
• Possess analytical skills, recognize patterns of the data and data inconsistency, able to track down data anomalies
• Understand the access patterns for the dataset, and design partitioning and bucketing strategies accordingly
• Able to design data structures (i.e. de-normalized, Change Data Capture, nested structures, etc.) that are optimized for large data sets, and that are highly supportive of concurrency
Desired skills and experience
• 7+ years of SQL experience
• 5+ plus years with big data technologies, such as Apache Hadoop, Databricks, Snowflake
• 5+ years of healthcare data analytics experience
• 3+ plus years of job-related experience in programming languages such as Scala, Python, or similar
• 3+ years of experience, building data products
• Bachelor's Degree, a technical or business discipline preferred
• Bonus: Master’s Degree
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote