Job Title: Engineer, Solutions Delivery (Data)
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
As a Solutions Delivery Engineer (Data) at Unite Us, you will ensure value delivery of our data product to our customers and end-users by collaborating with Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and Quality.
- You will be responsible for the development of standards for incoming and outgoing Data Integration capabilities for Unite Us.
- When integrating existing data integration capabilities, you will be responsible for leading the socializing of these integration capabilities with the Customers, laying out the development and testing of these integrations, and communicating with Customers
- When developing new data integration capabilities, you will be responsible for working closely with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure that the Customer requirements of the incoming data are communicated and the business objectives of the data integration are met.
What You'll Do:
- Regularly prioritize, monitor, and track the progress of the data integration backlog and commitments against targets, communicating this with the team to manage expectations and suggest additional support when needed.
- Lead implementation processes and documentation to communicate and set client expectations and assist with troubleshooting product issues as needed.
- Responsible for production of the data implementation backlog. Create technical requirements for the development and Technology organization to address market problems communicated by product leadership. Collaborate with the development team to ensure that epics contain necessary detail to ensure efficient prioritization and stories contain clearly defined acceptance criteria that are able to support coding, testing, and client validation needs.
- Lead grooming and planning sessions for data implementation projects, while making sure to attend all other project ceremonies as an active participant.
- Present complex information and ideas through open, transparent communication to engender trust and ensure mutual understanding.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to implement and execute on the vision for data solutions identified by product leadership business strategy.
- Identify and act against any roadblocks, always suggesting solutions to even the most complex issues.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and product proficiency, empowering others in their team to improve performance.
- Work with implementation, support, and sales teams with client training, client onboarding, user testing, and pilot testing to ensure the organization is prepared for new products/solutions being developed.
- You will be responsible for taking data integration projects from concept, through specification and development, up to deployment and communication with Customers.
- You should expect to work on multiple projects in parallel applying problem-solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking.
- 5+ years’ previous experience as a Data Implementation Lead with consumer-facing data integration projects in healthcare. Experience working with existing and emerging products
- Subject Matter Expertise - Knowledge of healthcare data (e.g., claims, eligibility, provider), statistical analysis aptitude, and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes. Working knowledge of pay for performance programs (ACO / bundled payment/capitation) and care management (DM / CM / medical home) best practices is highly desired. Strong knowledge of Data profiling, and Data Discovery.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with Customers in mind. Ability to successfully navigate and contribute to a highly matrixed environment.
- Insight Solution Design - Translate business needs into practical applications and solutions and can easily make the connection between detailed analytic / reporting / BI outputs and implications for the business, turning insights into business actions.
- Communication - Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; ability to communicate and evangelize a compelling vision internally and externally.
- Agile - Experience working in or managing Agile teams is highly desirable
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is New York or Remote, U.S.-based, excluding Colorado
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.