At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Fandango is looking for Senior and Staff level Data Engineers. As a data engineer working on our data systems and services, you will work with and/or lead a team of other data engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango’s business. We expect our data engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great things for fellow movie fans.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve data systems and services
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
- Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile data systems and services
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
- Mentor team members with complex technical and design issues
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a data engineer
• Professional experience in one or more of the following programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
• Experience in Data Warehousing (Relational and dimensional data modeling)
• Experience with distributed data storage and large-data processing (Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Hive)
• Experience with AWS data management (S3, Redshift, DynamoDB) and related tools (Athena, EMR, Glue)
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
• Experience with Talend, Informatica, or other off-the-shelf ETL tools
• Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling methods
• Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
• Experience designing and building data warehousing and/or analytics platforms
• Experience with data modeling and/or architecture
Additional Job Requirements
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Passionate about big data concepts: data lakes, data mining, data streaming, data warehousing
• Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
• Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other data engineers succeed
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Can take initiative to independently solve issues
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $110,000-$160,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.