Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
As Senior Data Engineer, you have a solid understanding of both the business and the technical aspects of data engineering in relation to digital media and advertisement. Leading data engineering initiatives within established scope, while simultaneously planning for and managing unknown future requirements in a dynamic environment. We are passionate about working with diverse teams and leading by example. Does this sound like you? Join us at Pluto TV!
• Work closely with leadership and be directly responsible for data design, management, and development of the data pipeline other data platform components in cloud based big data environment.
• Help the team in designing state-of-the-art data technology solution that meets the business needs while ensuring sustainability, scalability, performance, and security.
• Scale with the business by designing systems focusing on possible future business needs and changes.
• Understand organization goals, focus on big picture while delivering data platform components iteratively in line with it.
• Help Migrate/Modernize the current data stack by understanding present requirements, assessing new tools/frameworks and how they would fit the need and lead migration effort from start to end.
• Maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, storage requirements and implement archival and disaster recovery strategies.
• Establish data engineering best practice, implement process improvements and document standards within the team and across various relevant teams in the organization.
• Communicate with Stakeholders and higher leadership to explain designs and/or technical challenges and work through design feedback.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of top-tier data engineering experience; at least 7 years on cloud Infrastructure and software development related to data engineering with advanced languages such as Python, Scala, SQL etc.
• 5+ years of experience in building data lake, data warehouse and data marts through real time and batch mode of data ingestion in a big data processing cloud platform.
• 5+ years of experience in AWS and 2+ years of experience in GCP
• 5+ years of experience in Snowflake and Spark (Databricks)
• 3+ years of experience CICD framework and relevant tools (DBT, Terraform)
• 5+ experience Airflow or other orchestration tools
• 3+ years of experience in containerized microservice based system design (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment (preferably software development) and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau.
• Great communication and collaboration skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required, a master’s degree is preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $125,000.00 - 155,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.