Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About the Team:
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Using data to help ensure a world class experience for our users is critical to our mission.
We are looking for talented Data Scientists to join our Search & Personalization Data Science team. The team works on building a world class search experience for our guests, from the homepage, to search and listing pages, and checkout. You will join a team with 3 other data scientists, responsible for building the data products, inference frameworks, and intelligence to create a personalized search experience.
You will work centrally, with other data scientists, partnering cross-functionally across the search experience. Your initial focus areas in the team:
- Developing a framework for evaluating the performance of supply categories in search and partnering with product, marketing, engineering and operations to create new categories.
- Operationalizing a system to detect suboptimal user paths in the product leveraging user behavioral logs.
- Developing a framework of conversion drivers, connecting input metrics to outputs, to inform strategies, decision-making, and track progress on team goals.
- Providing technical mentorship to other data scientists, holding a high bar for data products architecture.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expert in at least one programming language for data analysis (Python or R)
- Experience with inference and machine learning techniques
- Experience in high-dimensional data modeling
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Passion for scaling data science work
- Experience working on a consumer search product or recommender systems
- Experience with causal inference and structural models
- Strong skills in SQL and distributed system optimization (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto)
- Experience with an ETL framework like Airflow
- Python skills preferred
- Experience with technical mentorship of other data scientists
- Experience with prototyping and writing production code
- Experience with system design
The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $245,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.